We know how important sincerity is in Islam. Here's a few examples:

"And they were not commanded except to worship Allah , [being] sincere to Him in religion, inclining to truth, and to establish prayer and to give zakah. And that is the correct religion." [Surah Al-Bayyinah 98: 5]

"Verily, all actions are but driven by intention and for everyone is what he intended."[Al-Bukhari and Muslim]

Can we imagine standing on the Day of Judgement, desperately hoping that our good deeds (if any) were actually done sincerely?

Isn't that thought frightening?

May Allah forgive us ! Our hearts are so frequently plagued with arrogance, ego, and all sorts. Let's encourage each other in ridding ourselves of these traits in sha Allah.

If you have any reminders or thoughts on sincerity- specifically, how we could attain that in acts of worship, please share them here.

I'll start:

- If we struggle to work out our intentions, before doing a good deed, we could tell ourselves, 'I am not doing this for the sake of Allah'. If that's not true, then we will tell ourselves, 'no! I am doing this for the sake of Allah because I want rewards'. And we could then go ahead with doing that deed.