As-Salaam alaikum,

For the year 1440 A.H Ramadan Fasting, we are almost there as in 2 or 3 days from now we shall start fasting, to observe one of the 5 pillars upon which the religion of Islam is built. May we all be alive to witness this event and Ibadaat... and may Allah Ta'ala Grant us the ability to fast. On this, it is my pleasure to present a few reminders with regards to this great act of worship-- fasting:--

The Noble Prophet Muhammad, Sallallahu alaihi Wasallam, said:--

"Anyone who fasts for one day for Allah's sake, Allah will keep his face
away from the Hellfire for ( a distance covered by a journey of ) seventy
years." (Bukhari and Muslim).

Every action of the son of Adam is his except fasting, it belongs to Allah. It is reported in Sahih Muslim that Abu Hurairah, may Allah be pleased with him, narrated from the Prophet, Sallallahu alaihi Wasallam, that Allah Ta'ala said:--

"Every action of the son of Adam belongs to him except the fast. It is Mine, and I repay him
for it. Fasting is a protection. When one of you has a day of fasting, he should then speak
neither obscenely nor too loudly; and if someone seeks to curse him or fight with him, let him
say, 'I am fasting'. By Him in whose hand is the soul of Muhammad, the smell of the mouth of
the one fasting [who fasts] is more delectable to Allah than the scent of musk. The one who fasts
has 2 joys in which to delight: when he breaks his fast, he rejoices; and when he meets his Lord,
he rejoices in his fast." ( Muslim- 13:163).