Fiqh/Madhab:
      Malik
      Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)

The Voluntary Night Prayer.

As-Salaam alaikum,

Sayyadina Jabir Ibn Abdullah, may Allah be pleased with him, narrated that the Messenger of Allah, Sallallahu alaihi Wasallam, said (relating what Jibreel, alaihis-Salaam said when he came to him):--

"....AND KNOW THAT SHARAF (honor and nobility) OF THE BELIEVER LIES IN HIS QIYAMUL LAYL (standing in Tahajjud..
      the Night voluntary prayer), AND HIS 'IZZAH (dignified greatness) LIES IN BEING NEEDLESS (and independent) FROM
      THE PEOPLE." [Al-Hakim, 3289/Tabarani, 4278 ].

The more you/we stand before our Lord, Allahu Subhanahu Wa Ta'ala, in Nawafil/Voluntary Sallah, in the silent depth of the nights-- seeking His help and relying on Him alone, the more we feel content and certain of being granted provision; the less we rely on people around us or worry about what they possess.

Furthermore, the Noble Messenger of Allah, alaihis-Salaat Was-Salaam, said about the Night Prayer:--

"STICK TO THE LATE-NIGHT PRAYER, FOR IT WAS THE CUSTOM OF THE PIOUS PEOPLE BEFORE YOU,
      IT IS ALSO A MEANS OF GETTING CLOSER TO YOUR LORD; IT WIPES AWAY YOUR EVIL DEEDS, AND
      KEEPS ONE FROM COMMITTING SINS." [Ahmad, Tirmidhi, Al-Hakim and Others- Jami as-Saghir, vol. 2, Hadith No. 4079].

In view of this, I wish to call/advise that we should be offering this Voluntary Night Prayer... deep in the Night after 'Isha Prayer... anything between 2-20 Raka'ats.... then offer the Witr Prayer. May Allah Ta'ala Help us in this... ameen

Loving the Ummah !
      I love LoveUmmah.com

I am
      Happy

Religion:
      islam
      Fiqh/Madhab:
      Sunni
      Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      The reward of Voluntary Night Prayer will be equal to Farz Prayer???

Loving the Ummah !
      I love LoveUmmah.com

I am
      Happy

Religion:
      Islam
      Fiqh/Madhab:
      Malik
      Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      As-Salaam alaikum,
      Farz Prayer is OBLIGATORY...just like other OBLIGATORY acts of Worship such as Fasting during the month of Ramadan. These are issues/things that are incumbent upon us to do... no excuse for failure or refusal to perform them... but the TAHAJJUD is purely voluntary; of course being a VERY GENEROUS LORD, Allah Ta'ala also gives generous rewards for even such voluntary acts of worship. But there is hardly any comparison in terms of rewards, between FARZ (Obligatory) and NAWAFIL (Voluntary).

But come to think of it, why do you/we try to worry about REWARDS??? ALLAHU, Subhanahu Wa Ta'ala, DESERVES to be worshiped EVEN if He promises no rewards... I mean He Created us, Nourishes us, Feeds us.... and He said in Surat Zari'at of the Holy Qur'an:--

"I DID NOT CREATE JINN AND MANKIND, EXCEPT TO WORSHIP ME" (51:56)... So, we do not have to focus on wages or rewards while worshiping Him, Azzah Wa Jallah. He simply deserves to be ADORED... to be WORSHIPED unconditionally.

Best Regards.

Thread Information